I have been quite absent from this blog lately. This is because two weeks ago I decided to take all my nailpolish stuff further and opened a pure nail polish blog in German which you can find at http://www.sullybabenails.wordpress.com . Why was that? I moved my blog from kathatravelling.wordpress,com here because I wasn’t travelling that much anymore. I did a lot a knitting and nail painting and wanted everything to be represented. But as work kept me busy, I noticed that blogging got more and more neglected because showing you little progress in my knitting every week was just not very interesting. But I do paint my nails everyday – or at least nearly everyday. So I decided I should try nail blogging and so far it works just fine. I have fun writing about my nails ( oh what a superficial person I seem to be). Blogging here will go back, but I won’t give up this blog.
I was travelling a lot in the last few weeks: Two weeks ago I spend the weekend in Leipzig and last week I first went to Berlin and later to Hamburg to celebrate with my family my brothers diploma. And in contrary to my believe that because this involved a lot of train rides, I would knit a lot, I knit not much at all. This is why V-lace top is still not finished. I separated for the sleeves but it will take a little while longer. ..
It will actually even take a little longer because I was bored with the lace weight yarn and decided it was time to start the christmas knitting and cast on for the pattern of choice this year: The Nova dress. I’m going to do three dresses and started with the first one. I ordered Drops Baby Merino for the dresses and just love the feeling. The quality is just so nice. But it is quite a light weight too, so I’ll see how long knitting with this will take.
Reading is on the back burner as well, so maybe more on this next week. What are you knitting & reading? Link up with Ginny and the Yarn Along Ladies.
We are the champions, we are the champions… And all because of my great fan nails, for sure. You see, last night’s excitement is still lingering so I thought I show you the second half of my World Cup nails today:
- Round of sixteen: The one and only time through out this world cup when I used essie’s good as gold instead of yellow. I seperated it from the p2 Portugal red and Maybelline Blackout using french mani tapes.
- Quarter final: ah dotted mani based on this essie tutorial once again with red and black as well as p2 Spain yellow over essie’s blanc.
- Semi final: I didn’t like my messy flames, but quite a few of you did on instagram. Plus this was the game were Germany won 7:1 against Brasil.
- Final: When ever my nails were messy, Germany played well. So for the final I decided to do messy nails again. ANd here we are: Germany won the World Cup last night!
Lots of colour in the last weeks when I didn’t wear support your team nails:
- essie 72 peach daiquiri on its own and with Maybelline Colorshow Street Artist 02 White Splatter on top, which is a really nice top coat
- different coloured nails in p2 640 artful, a really cool new green even though I’m pretty sure I had this polish before and swapped it, p2 Beauty Rebel Edition in 030 crazy orange and Catrice feathers& pearls edition in C03 Charlston’s Fame, a super cool combination
- one of my favourite greens, essie 265 the more the merrier from last years summer edition
- essence 92 better late than never toe nails in black heels
- And last but not least: essie 313 romper room topped with essence feather top coat 19 bird of paradise with and without a signature nail in peach daiquiri.
It’s Yarn along Wednesday! I finished another project without starting a new one! Yeah for me. You can see my harvest cardigan in all its beauty in my post from yesterday. It is a bit more on the casual side. But I think that it gives outfits a bit of a scruffy touch which I like. Today I’m wearing it with a Continue reading
It’s World Cup time and it shows on my nails. Yes, every two years I get this “I should support teh team” feeling and paint my nails in the German colours for the matches. Germany passed group phase, so I think the nails worked. They are made with essie’s blanc, my new white polish or Continue reading